Hi, my name is “Grand Prize Winner”.
$750.00 in cash. No, I can’t believe it either. But I made some Stitches South vendors very happy. Wanna see?
The black bag on the left and the canvas bag on the right were complimentary. The hot pink bag in the middle is my new favorite project bag.
Yarn and stuff:
- Top row, left to right:
- Cascade Yarns Dolce, 10 skeins, Color 980, with antique mother of pearl buttons. Intended for a cardigan. Yarn and buttons bought with prize money.
- Araucania Itata Solid, 10 skeins, Color 2013, with lime green resin buttons. Intended for a cardigan.
- Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool, 10 skeins, Color 70, with antique glass buttons. Intended for a cardigan.
- Second row, left to right:
- Schaefer Yarn Chris, 4 skeins (with 3 on order), Color Pomegranate. Haven’t decided whether this is destined for a cardigan or a pullover. Bought with prize money.
- Austermann Step, 1 skein, Color 28. Sock yarn, complimentary from the Skacel booth.
- Indiecita Alpaca Sport (distributed by Plymouth), 8 skeins Color 220, 4 skeins Color 1440. Intended for a colorwork cardigan which I may design myself if I can’t find exactly what I have in mind.
- Bottom row, left to right:
- Girl Scout Cookies, Samoas. Prize money.
- Addi Lace Clicks. Prize money.
- Fiesta Ballet, 1 skein, Color Caribbean 110. A door prize. Will probably use for a scarf.
- Addi Natura Clicks. Prize money.
- Mondial Surf, 2 skeins, Color 816. A gift from my roommate. Will probably use for a scarf or maybe a lacy market bag. (This must be vintage yarn….I can’t find any web info about it.)
- Addi Turbo Clicks. Prize money.
- More Samoas for symmetry.
Below the needles are the cards of buttons I had to have. The four cards of black and silver antique buttons were purchased with prize money. The three cards of resin buttons were purchased a day or two earlier. I’ll post closeup photos of the buttons in the next couple of days because I know you’re dying to see them. And a comprehensive Stitches South wrap up post, complete with (semi)decent pics will be forthcoming as well.
For now, I’m awfully glad to be home.