I finished crocheting all the squares of the Tunisian Terror on April 20, 2015 — one week shy of one year since starting the project.
The cross-stitching of the squares began immediately. Thus far, 12 squares are completely finished with all embroidery and the weaving-in of ends; two more are partially done.
The cross-stitching moves quickly. The multi-colored designs make the plain squares lively, and solid color stitching anchors the multi-colored squares. I ran out of the black acrylic worsted yarn purchased for this project before finishing the crocheting but had some black acrylic worsted in stash which works just as well. There’s some slight difference in texture, but no one will notice it.
“Worsted” is a curious word. Note to self: check origin as it relates to yarn.
In other news, rehearsal continues apace for Harvey. We open a week from Friday. Woo hoo!
This post is part of the Stitch-Along Wednesday round-up. Click that badge over there to see what other folks are working on.