Pattern: At Dawn by Joji Locatelli. Great pattern. Easy to follow. Looks good either side, although if you look closely, you can tell which is the “wrong” side in the photos.
Yarn: MC (darker shade) = Araucania Huasco/Botany Lace in colorway 017, 329 yds; CC (lighter shade) = madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light in colorway Urban Flagstone, 353 yds. Both yarns are fabulous to work with, and they look so good together. I was a little concerned because the Tosh is a single and the Araucania is a two-ply, but they worked like they were meant to go together and made a scrumptious garter stitch fabric.
Needles: Hiya Hiya Sharp Steel Circs, US 3. These are pretty much my go-to needles for most fingerweight projects. They’re just grippy enough, and plenty sharp for picking up wrapped stitches or working lace charts.
Satisfaction with end product: A qualified hurrah! I love the drape and think the colors look amazing together. The unusual shape makes it a little difficult to wear, but I may remedy that with a shawl pin. I’m looking forward to wearing it once the weather cools.
Another pic because it’s so pretty. If you want more pics, you can go to my Ravelry project page.
Next up, my new favorite! I finally found the perfect pattern for that Cascade Ultra Pima I’ve been trying to turn into a cardigan for years. Behold!
Pattern: Blomstertrøje / Flower Jacket by Lene Holme Samsøe, from the now-out-of-print Feminine Knits book. I rated the pattern medium difficulty because increasing/decreasing while maintaining the lace pattern isn’t necessarily a beginner skill. Otherwise, it’s fairly easy. I rated the pattern itself as three stars because of the many errata, only one of which (the error in the flower chart) is noted on the Interweave site. For example, the directions to bind off for the shoulder were identical for the left front and right front, when they should have been reversed. Also, the directions for buttonhole placement should have been in the section prior to “shape neckline”. It’s only because I’m an experienced knitter that the errors gave me no difficulty. A newbie might have been in a little trouble. While I’m willing to believe these may have been simple Danish-to-English translation errors, the English-language tech editor should have caught them.
Size: 36″. And you can’t imagine how much of a thrill it gives me to make something in such a small size.
Yarn: Cascade Ultra Pima, colorway 3732 Aqua, 685 yards.
Needles: Addi Circs, US 2; Addi Click Circs, US 4
Buttons: 4 vintage 1/2″ mother-of-pearl shanks from stash. The pattern called for 3/4″ buttons, so these were just a smidge too small for the buttonholes. I remedied that by tightening up the buttonholes with sewing thread after sewing on the buttons.
Satisfaction with end product: Regardless of the pattern errata, the cardigan itself turned out great. I finished it on a Saturday and wore it to work the following week. It fits like it was custom-made….Wait a minute; it was! And I love it.
Because I love it, here’s one last photo. Naturally, the Ravelry project page has more.
Now we’re all caught up on finished stuff. Another project is on the needles, of course, so stay tuned.